It does not matter how skilled you are at driving if you cannot see. Through Colorado’s harsh winters, drivers must maintain visibility. Snow, slush, ice, and rain form a blindfold for your car’s windshield if you do not take precautions. Our Denver car accident lawyers offer these tips to help reduce Colorado winter car accidents.
Maintain Visibility During Winter
Prior to embarking on your journey, all drivers should take time to clear all snow and ice from your windows, mirrors, and headlights. Given the severity of Colorado winters, it has proven wise to invest in a high-quality snow brush or ice scraper. Again, it is vital for drivers to maintain visibility while driving. When drivers cannot see, accidents are 30 times more likely to happen. In addition to cleaning off your windows, mirrors, and headlights, our Denver car accident lawyers remind readers to following the following tips as well:
- Make sure your windshield wipers are in top form all year round;
- Keep your washer fluid filled and make sure the fluid has antifreeze capabilities (not all do);
- Drive at least eight seconds behind snowplows to avoid accidents and spray from snow and salt;
- Carry de-icing solution in your trunk just in case. Save money by making your own using a mixture of half water and half vinegar;
- Leave space between the cars around you (spray from other cars is one of the most common barriers to visibility).
Contact Our Denver Car Accident Lawyers
For more tips regarding Colorado winter car accidents, contact our Denver car accident lawyers. We have attorneys standing by. Contact our attorneys today at 720.863.6904 or email us for your free consultation. Our lawyers handle a wide range of personal injury cases, including Motor Vehicle Accidents, Bicycle Accidents, Pedestrian Accidents, Slip & Fall Accidents, and Dog Bites & Attacks. We service Arvada, Aurora, Boulder, Broomfield, Denver, Commerce City, Lakewood, Littleton, Thornton, Westminster, Wheat Ridge, and other parts of metropolitan Denver, Colorado.
Owner and Managing Attorney
Jerry Bowman, J.D., M.A., Owner and managing attorney of Bowman Law LLC, takes his responsibility to the legal profession seriously and dedicates his time and effort to providing quality and competent legal representation to clients in Denver and throughout all of Colorado. He holds an MA in Political Science from Wayne State University and earned his law degree in two and a half years from Michigan State University College of Law.